JLOF - Jennifer Lopez Forums / Message Board by JLo.net

Welcome to the Jennifer Lopez Forums / Message Board by JLo.net forums!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles, and access to our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, access to the Media Center forums after your first few posts, the ability to earn 'points' and spend them, and access to many other special features and benefits! Registration is fast, simple, and free so join #1 largest Jennifer Lopez community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support and we'll get back to you.

Go Back   JLOF - Jennifer Lopez Forums / Message Board by JLo.net > Jennifer Lopez > News Room
Blogs Rules/FAQs Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
JLo.net
Bot

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 0
Donate
Howard Stern Calls Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez 'Dummies' [MTV]

Britney will be 'train wreck' on 'X Factor,' new 'America's Got Talent' judge adds at press conference.
By James Montgomery

Howard Stern
Photo: MTV News
Howard Stern held court at New York's Friars Club on Thursday in a long-running press conference to promote his upcoming stint as a judge on "America's Got Talent." And in keeping with the spirit of the legendary roasts that take place at the venue, he didn't shy away from taking some shots at his singing-competition contemporaries.
Stern was asked by a reporter whether he would have signed up for the "Talent" gig if it meant serving on a panel with "American Idol" judge Jennifer Lopez and newly-announced "X Factor" judge Britney Spears — as opposed to the "Talent" tandem of Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne — and, well, let's just say he answered rather directly.

"No, I would not [have], because I think we have the best judging panel out there, out of all these shows. I think that the judges all offer constructive, precise criticism, and I really like it," Stern said. "To sit there with J.Lo and Britney Spears and try to prop those two up, I'd be like a ventriloquist with two dummies; I'm not going to sit there and do that."
Stern didn't stop there, either. When he was asked for his thoughts on "The X Factor" 's reported $15 million deal with Spears, the shock jock joked that he was in favor of it ... for slightly dubious reasons, of course.
"I think it's a wonderful decision; Britney still thinks the world is flat. We're going to tune in to see if she can sort of function through the thing. As far as any real criticism, I think ["X Factor"judges] Simon [Cowell] and L.A. Reid will be doing that," he said. "I think Britney's going to stand there and eat a lollipop and wear a sexy outfit; I don't anticipate great opinions from her. I think she's going to sit there like J.Lo. 'Oh, you're wonderful, you're terrific.You think I could get a perfume endorsement out of this? You think I can perform on the show?' I think that's what it's about, but I think it will be interesting. ... I'll tune in to see what kind of train wreck she is, absolutely."

Related Artists

More...

---

Note: this news is being syndicated from MTV.
JLo.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links