All JENNIFER LOPEZ apparently really wants is an Oscar?

All JENNIFER LOPEZ apparently really wants is an Oscar. I hear the bombshell from the Bronx has been telling friends that her main priority right now is to win an Academy Award. And to do so she may even consider changing the make-up of the current team that’s guiding her career. “She keeps saying, ‘I don’t want anything else but an Oscar,'” a source tells me. One bigwig has advised her to separate herself a bit from some of her mass-market business endeavors if she ever wants to be taken seriously as an Oscar-caliber actress, my source says.

By theINSIDER’s Marc S. Malkin

8 Responses to “All JENNIFER LOPEZ apparently really wants is an Oscar?”

1. lux says:

Unfortunately, I don’t think this will be her year. She was great in “An Unfinished Life,” so maybe she will be nominated for that. But there’s been so much buzz about Charlize Theron in “North Country” and Reese Witherspoon in “Walk the Line,” there’s a slim to none chance she’d win against those two. And I don’t think her next movie is even geared toward the high-brow Oscar set.

2. Sebastian says:

That’s the reason she leave her music career behind… Well, I hope Jen’s will be nominated.

3. matty3w says:

I just loved Jennifer in AN UNFINISHED LIFE. Reading about the editing of the film and the increased emphasis on Robert Redford’s character, has me thinking more and more that a Best Supporting Actress Oscar nomination for Jen makes a lot of sense (and might even increase her odds of winning?) 😉 What do you think? ~ Deb/matty..

4. cffrankie says:

Jennifer is an excellent actress, definitly needs the right role, more dramatic and taking a big chance on the most risky/controversal roles will get her notice.

5. Georgie says:

SHE BLOODY WELL DESERVES ONE and i want those shoes she signed

6. Jen says:

I want those effing shoes, too man.

7. zakes says:

well i think the is a lot more to life than an oscar sure every actor wants one jennifer is beyond that now she becoming more of busnesswomen than just another hollywood star i think she is showing people that the sky is the limit and i don’t think she is giving up her music cause she is more known for her music than movies

8. marcus says:

I read in a magazinet that the director of RAY was doing a re-make of Carmen and wanted to Jen to play the lead role, which is Carmen. So considering what happened with Jamie Foxx and the movie RAY………..get what I’m sayin?!?!