Fans eat up Lopez’s stop at Ibiza

World-famous performer Jennifer Lopez came to Uptown Whittier on Monday.

After darting virtually unseen through a side entrance to Ibiza Steak and Lounge on Greenleaf Avenue, Lopez, clad in tight jeans and a red sweater, spent several hours with 300 die-hard fans who were invited to a backstage breakfast hosted by radio station Power 106 FM and Lopez’s record label. Power 106 personality Big Boy also was there.

Fans like Bianca Gutierrez, who said she planned to ask Jennifer Lopez to marry her, and Tania Quinones, who brought along her modeling portfolio to show to the actress/singer/fashion designer.

“I’ve been a fan since fifth-grade, so I called the radio station and talked to Fuzzy and got on,’ said Quinones, 19, of Corona. “I think he liked the idea that JLo and I are both from Puerto Rico.’

“I basically harassed the station until I got on,’ added Maha Salama, 21, of La Mirada, who came with Gutierrez and Quinones. “I wanted to see her because she’s real.’

While fans, who won spelling bees and look-alike-contests in recent weeks to get invited to the breakfast, got in easily, the press and local residents were kept outside by a huge security force.

An employee from Power 106 said Lopez did not want her picture taken, and the security personnel from Ibiza and the radio station swarmed in front of Ibiza’s entrances to keep people at bay.

Those outside got only a brief glimpse of the superstar. That was a little after 3 p.m., when she walked into the alley next to the club, perched on the side of a black Lincoln Navigator and waved to the crowd.

“Selena, Selena, we loved you in Selena,’ came shouts in unison, as the vehicle sped away down the alley.

The event was such a success, said Ibiza owner Ralph Verdugo, that he hopes to host Britney Spears or maybe Beyonce at the club in the future.

“We hope to continue pumping up the reputation of the club,’ he said.

Edit:

Here’s the link to the Jennifer look-alike contestants.

11 Responses to “Fans eat up Lopez’s stop at Ibiza”

1. xox says:

I wish If i was there to meet Jenny.
    xox

2. Ashlee says:

OMF THOSE FANS ARE SOO LUCKY I WISH I WAS THEM!! Whoever lives in NY is lucky because that is where she currently lives and she is seen alot in NYC. They seem to have a lot of contests in NY too for her since she does live there . . .

3. courtney says:

omg all thoes fans are so lucky I wish i lived in NY that way i could see her and meet her if i could

4. jeverlyn a.k.a flaca says:

i wish i was around where jlo be at cuz i live in new york and ive been diein to meet her im a 13 year old girl trying to make her dream possible but its like its impossible i wish it could be possible one day and about those look alikes of the contest jlo has, none of them look like her they are pretti but not as pretti as jlo!!!

5. Javier says:

All I got to say is, they are lucky! I want to meet JLO one of these days, I don’t care if I run into her in New York. I don’t know what I would do if I ever meet her. I think I would faint or something. I love her like crazy!! WOOT WOOT!!!!

6. Sandy says:

Hi! My name is Sandy Ruiz and I was the lucky winner of the JLo look alike contest!!!!

Friday like around noon I got a call from a Power 106 rep saying that I had won the JLo look a like contest. I was like in complete awe…I couldn’t believe it. I was jumping like crazy full of excitement

So when I got out from work I went to Build a Bear in downtown Disney and made this cute pretty bear for her. Then I started working on a fan book that I had started like a month ago so I was going crazy trying to finish the book I worked day and night on this book. Okay so then I was going crazy in trying to find cute shoes to wear for the event I went to like every mall here in Southern CaLi I couldn’t find anything cute to match the shirt that I planned to wear. Thank god when I to Macys they have JLo shoe collection and bought some really cute bronze open shoe pricey shoe but at that moment I was up for whatever.

Monday morning came I got up at 5:45 in the morning to get ready. I was so excited I couldn’t believe that I was meeting Mrs. Anthony
    I and my sis Erika left our house at 9 a.m. we at club Ibieza like around 10 in the morning. There people already lined up.

We didn’t get inside the club till like 12p.m. there were more then 300 people in the club. I was amazed. We didnít get to sit down till like 1 the after noon. I went on stage with big boy, Liz, Fuzzy, Joe Grande and they looked at the fan book I made for Jennifer they were amazed they called me true fan. They asked me questions like how I started liking her and what kind of things I like about her etc. It was cool being on stage I would have loved it even more if I could have actually been there when Jennifer was on stage with them.

I got the opportunity to get a hug and a autograph from her. When I went to meet her one of her reps told her that I had won the look like contest she said congratulations and smiled!

I was kind of upset for the whole fact that the venue was so small and there were more then 300 people there. The place was not that good looking to have Jennifer there.. I kind of felt her to be uncomfortable the whole event to be honest with you it sucked big time. It was very disorganized way too many people. Security didn’t allow us to take any pictures. I’m still sad cause I didnít get my pic with her taken. I took a lot of time to work on the fan book and bear everything and to not be acknowledge by the radio station to take me up there on stage to say Hi to her for at least 2 seconds really got me sad ūüôĀ

Jennifer Looked gorgeous like always she was wearing a Rolling Stone shirt w/ jeans rolled up and red high heels and her big sunglasses.

So yea guys that was my experience with Jenny-Lo I have pictures of that day I donít were I could post them so guys can see them!

-Sandy Ruiz
    A.K.A JLo’s truest fan

7. jarek says:

Congratulations Sandy Ruiz, I’m happy for you,
    don’t worry about the mess in the event,
    the most important that you were lucky to meet
    Jennifer, I wish that I was there too.

8. nadine says:

yes sandy…don’t be disappointed ok?!
    you hugged Jennifer Lopez!! i am so happy for ya!!!

9. Brian says:

I was buying a cup of coffee from Starbucks that day and to my surprise found out that Jennifer was going to be there to give an interview. I’m a Photographer and rememberd that I had my camera in my car and I imediatley started trying to scope out the area. As more & more people came I found it harder to look inconpicuous trying to avoid security. After a few hours of wait (to make a long story short) I was able to get in and take a lot of pictures and video, I Could’nt Believe it!
    If interested please write back this forum.

10. lux says:

Hi Brian,

That’s wonderful! Would you allow us to post them on this site? We’d credit you as the photographer, of course. Email me at cyn@jlo.net.

11. Tamara says:

hi i am a big fan of jlo i would like to meet her i want to make a raise for the children africa i would like to make a center so they can eat and sleep if they have no were to go