LOPEZ: ‘I ALWAYS PICK GREAT SCRIPTS’

Jennifer Lopez insists that she only picks great scripts.
The Latina star – who’s suffered critical maulings in pictures like THE WEDDING PLANNER, MAID IN MANHATTAN, ENOUGH and GIGLI – admits many of the projects that had early potential to wow audiences have turned out to be disasters.

But far from shouldering the blame herself, Lopez is adamant she’s given her best performance in every film – and she’s only ever pursued a part if the script captivates her.

She tells Britain’s EMPIRE magazine, “It’s hard to choose what’s going to be a great movie. I’ve chosen great material but it hasn’t always turned out to be a great movie. I would be disappointed in myself if I walked away from a movie and I was like, ‘I didn’t even f**king try. I sucked in that movie, I didn’t give all that I could have. I phoned it in.’ Then I’d be mad at myself, but I’ve never done that so I don’t feel that way. I don’t feel that I’ve had huge failures in my life because of that.”

From Contact Music

8 Responses to “LOPEZ: ‘I ALWAYS PICK GREAT SCRIPTS’”

1. kay says:

I liked tons of her movies, Out of Sight is my favorite. I really dont think shes made any bad movies, except U-turn, i really didnt like that one

2. Ashlee says:

Omg. That makes me soo mad. All the movies that they mentioned were AWESOME! and I am not just saying that because I am a big Jennifer Lopez fan, I am saying that because it is tru. The only reason that her movies didnt get good reviews was because they didnt have sex and violoece in them. Except for Enough-and I thought that got good reviews!! People need to understand that all movies dont just have sex and violence in them . . . they can have more than that!!

3. Ashlee says:

I was wondering how u join the Jennifer lopez mailing list where they send u jlo info in ur e-mail. I did it for my other screen name but I forgot how to do it. Please e-mail me if u know how.. Thanks

4. Kristie says:

“The Wedding Planner”? “Maid in Manhattan”? Those were bad movies? I’m confused!

5. Erin says:

i totally agree w/ all of you! but about the sex thing, u-turn had a lot of that ya no?LOL, but that is good sumtimes!

6. lux says:

Three out of the four they named are romantic comedies. Very few of those types of films EVER get thumbs up from professional movie critics.

7. juanita says:

The first I have 6 cd’s and today saturday May 7 2005 I’m gona buy this is me then I have J to tha LO the remixes, On the six, Rebirth, J-LO, The DVD video The real me, and let’s get loud the DVD and I gona buy mor laiter my eanglish is not very good but I try and for the I always pick great scripts I think is very good OK good by.
    Juanita Osorio

8. rachel-ann santos says:

u know ur so beautiful
    i wish u have consert here!!!!!!!!!!!
    ur all movie was really good
    that I love to