J. Lo Rebirth’s Stirs Controversy

From Much Music :

Jennifer officially left J.Lo behind on Tuesday with the launch of her new album “Rebirth”. Diehard Jennifer Lopez fans camped out in the snow of Times Square for more than 24 hours to meet their idol and have her sign copies of the new disc. But it wasn’t all cheers for the actress/singer/fashion designer. PETA was on hand to protest Lopez’ use of fur in her new Sweetface Spring collection. The animal rights group gave out copies of a DVD, which shows images of the fur-wearing singer interspersed with footage of animals skinned alive for their fur. Lopez was greeted with signs reading “Jennifer Lopez: Fur Scum”.

17 Responses to “J. Lo Rebirth’s Stirs Controversy”

1. Erin says:

OMG! PETA needs to get over themselves. I am totally for wearing fur. Who cares. That is why we are humans and we are able to kill them for their fur. God made it that way for a reason, he didnt make us smarter then them so the animals could be our best friends.
    SERIOUSLY-PETA IS DUMB.

2. Erin says:

O ya. And i hope ALL PETA members are vegans. Because if they are not, they are BIG hipocrites(lol, if thats how you spell it. Because killing them for fur is just like killing them for food, or leather.

3. Jessy Metayer says:

Hey, everybody!

I want that PETA leaves our JLo alone. She needs a freaking break with them. why everybody wants to bother Jlo.It’s because she too talented?

4. Saleh says:

LOL I saw a pic of the protesters, and like 3 of them are wearing jackets with fur collars! WHAT THE HELL !

Go deal with your own problems and then JLo’s !

5. k says:

Erin seriously come on if your going to make an argument, you at least need to know what you are talking about and you obviously don’t.”god made it that way for a reason” are you serious? Wow you are one confused girl…and killing animals for food is nothing like killing them for vanity or material purposes. Peta is against all cruelty not just fur(duh) and they are vegetarians. I think jen needs to give the animals a break because killing them for her own pleasure is a disgrace! and by the way they are not bothering her because shes talented, they are trying to make her aware of the torture she is supporting, maybe you all should watch a video on what happens to the poor animals, then your mind set might be different.

6. Ron says:

Umm? I watch the video and it totally didn’t change my mind.Killing animals is so yesterday,human kill animals not only for fur but other stuff too like:Meat(ex.Chicken)U know a lot of people eat meat. And leather theres a lot of stuff that are made with leather U KNOW, some music instrument are made with leather. Human don’t kill animals just to kill them,they kill them for a lot reasons (think about that!).

7. marcus says:

that is so wrong! i wonder if they realize that people kill animals for many reasons and that alot of people use the fur after the animal has been killed already for other uses! these PETA people need to leave Jennifer alone because they’re just being asses!!!!

8. marcus says:

Come on ppl, you are being so mean to animals !

9. Ashlee says:

OMG!! Jlo is NOT the only celebrity to use animal fur and how do they know that it is actually real fur?? It could be fake. I have seen soooo many other stars with fur like Macy Grey and Britney Spears and Beyonce` so they need to get over it. I don’t think that Jlo would do it to be mean. I mean come on . . . almost anybody in this world would make fur products if it made them money!

10. Erin says:

Umm, to “k”, i definately know what im talking about. I didnt say for the PETA members to be vegitarians, i said vegans. Because if they are so worried about fur, they should not have ANYTHING to do w/ the animals-such as fur. N yes, i said “god made it this way for a reason” because if it was supposed to be any other way, it would be, the animals would be killing us.

11. Erin says:

oops, lol-not “such as fur”, but leather

12. Larissa says:

The problem PETA has is not about killing the animals–they do recognize that people eat meat. The problem is HOW the fur industry kills the animals…by skinning them alive. Can you imagine the suffering involved? Do you know how long it takes to die after having your skin torn from your body?

THAT is PETA’s issue. The cruelty involved–and the fact that it’s just insanely selfish to kill an animal for nothing but fur and to not actually eat it.

Leather is a by-product of the meat industry. Cows are not killed ONLY for their skin, and they are KILLED before having their skins removed.

Please, people, do the research before trying to argue against PETA. Watch some videos. Visit a fur farm. If you can sit through a skinning and not throw up, and not feel a thing for those animals, you’ll have a valid argument. You’ll also be one sick individual.

13. MR says:

Larissa makes a really good point too. Thanks for that comment! I learned from it.

14. sid says:

I think everybody shud get off j-lo’s back and give her a break, whats her life got to do with us anyway, just cus she’s pretty and a good singer we ave to interfear, well just get off her case and leave her alone peeps

15. elvira says:

some of ur coments were tuching and i thank u for that i am doing a project in school about animal crulity and so i have done my resurch and u have all helped me w/ my arguement and i would like it if some of u would e mail me at LilDuckling1562@aol.com
    and again thank u

16. Jessy says:

I love Jlo and all, but i hope she knows how they make her fur, because its just wrong!

17. Tiarna says:

I’m just passing through but I have to say, i really don’t understand what the big deal is? Pplz you all need to get a life! Who argues over fur??