LOPEZ’S CANCER HERO DIES

JENNIFER LOPEZ was such a heroine to one sick young girl, she lied about her condition so she could spend her last evening of good health with the singer.

Lopez befriended tragic cancer patient PAIGE PETERSON during low-key visits to The Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles, and when the superstar was honoured at a gala for the hospital in October (04), her 11-year-old pal insisted on being there.

The girl’s parents tell LATINA magazine that their daughter had started feeling sick just before the event but she refused to tell her parents, because they wouldn’t have let her attend. Paige ran a high fever the following morning and never recovered. She died in November (04).

Lopez, who sent a huge, heart-shape wreath with dozens of red roses to Paige’s funeral, reveals her memories of her little friend have made her realise why her charity work is so important.

She tells the magazine, “That’s why I do this. I don’t like to do my charity work in public. That’s not what you do it for.”

Paige’s mother SUZANNE admits Lopez will always have a very special place in her heart: “Jennifer helped give Paige a voice because what my daughter wanted was to let the world know that kids get cancer – and Jennifer helped her do that.”

6 Responses to “LOPEZ’S CANCER HERO DIES”

1. Michelle says:

hey jlo well i am proud that you made a diffrence in that childs life you were her insparation which you were the star of the last moments of her’s well
    hope you keep inspiring many kid’s
    love your fan
    michelle guillen hope you can e-mail me soon!!

2. Yesenia Covarrubias says:

Hey Jen,I am very happy to hear that you take the time to make people’s dreams come true, like the little girl who got the chance to meet you before she died.Your very generous, and what I like the most is that you don’t do charity work just for publicity. I am also one of your biggest fans, and hopefully one day I get the chance to meet you.I know that by you visiting those hospitals,you brighten their days and make them forget what their going through for at least one moment, since I can relate to them, because I’m also a young woman age 21 suffering with cancer.
    I admire your work,your fan Yesi.

3. Elena says:

hey Jen I thought that what you did was truly an inspiration to this young girl. I thought you did a really nice thing. Im sorry though to hear of your loss and Paige is not suffering anymore which is good. Maybe she can become an actor in heaven, you never know. I think your album is really nice especially when you dedicated it to her.
    From one of your fans úlena

4. Mike says:

Hi, Jen i think what you did for paige was great. this shows me that not only are you a great actress, singer and dancer, you are also a beautiful person.
    From a huge fan, Mike

5. Chloe Drew says:

OMG J-lo you are such a wonderful person and because of whay you’ve done for that courages little girl I’m doing you for my notable person at school I’m in Aussie melbourne and your my idol im so glad that i have someone as gorgeous wonderful and talented like you to be my idol!!! I love you heaps Jen xoxo Chloe Drew Aussie Vic Melb

6. Jillian says:

The little eleven year old girl that you be-friended was my cousin and I’m glad you took the time to full fill her dream! I thought that was really kind of you to dedicate your album to my little cuzin I’m truly going to miss her:(